The Church of Nuestra Señora de la Consolación

The construction of the first church, dedicated to Nuestra Señora de la Consolación, was carried out between 1656 and 1661.

In 1679 the Carmelites used it before they founded their convent. It has two atriums, one in front of the main facade and the other to the south (between the parochial annex and the church). The main facade, located to the east, has a portada and two bell towers. There are also two hermitages between the buttresses of the towers, which resemble two other entrances.

The Church of Nuestra Señora de la Consolación

The main altarpiece is in neoclassical style with white and gold finishes, in the nave there is a painting of Saint Joseph, in the Sotocoro a crucifix of regular quality, in the sacristy the painting of the Virgin of Guadalupe and four more apparitions. in the central part of the church there is a display case that contains the image of Our Lady of Consolation. It has two atriums, the first in front of the main façade and the other on one side (southern part) between the temple and the sacristy.

How to get:
It is located on María Bustamante street number 802, 7 blocks from the Zócalo of the City.

Ma. Bustamante No. 802, Centro Histórico, Oaxaca de Juárez, Oax. Tel.(951)516 4840

Location map

Carousel Gallery (+)clic